As part of Building A Better Day I’ve talked about how I schedule out my day and how I schedule out my week, now let’s get down to those recurring tasks that happen every day or weekly. Tasks like social media, blog writing, exercise, cleaning. Some items on my list stay constant month to month, and some change. Examples of my activities are:
- Yoga (4-5 times a week)
- Walk 10,000 Steps: Ok, ok, it is actually 5,000. I’m work my way up 🙂
- Write Blog Posts 30 Minutes A Day: I have a hard time writing when I’m not in the “mood” so this is a way to get in the habit of it. If I’m in the mood then I work longer than the 30 minutes.
- 30 Minutes of Social Media: This is to try to make myself be consistent with interacting on social media. I of course also have the problem with spending too much time too or doing it mindlessly, but I’m working on consistency first. I typically try to limit the mindless or too much time by making myself stop when the scheduled amount of time is completed. Social media is weird 🙂
- Morning Routine (up by 6:30): This routine is really about getting out of bed and getting my day started, as opposed to being awake by 6:30. I have a tendency to waste time in bed doing mindless scrolling.
- Top 3 Completed: This is to make sure that I’m keeping on task, and sticking to the goals I’m setting daily.
These are just a few activities I work on weekly. It’s all about establishing routines that will help improve my life and business. Routines that feed into my larger goals. I use the activities listed on my daily tracker as part of filling out my daily schedule. If I’m not scheduling time to make them happen, then they are really just things I think I want to do. Scheduling in time to make them happen is what is important.
My favorite tool for staying on track? Trello! Grab this FREE course to find out how!
How do you stick to your routines? What routines are you currently working on?